Oh yeah.....this thing.

Ha.  I forgot about this blog.  It's been almost three years.

Last thing I noted here was that Lola and I were going to hike the Tahoe Rim Trail.  We did that in...14 days, I think.  A nice, slow, easy hike. Loved it.  A beautiful area.  Only one waterless stretch of 15 or so miles without water (which is nothing, knowing what I know now).  When we did get water we filtered it from a duck poopy lake.  Nasty.  But the rest of the trail was gorgeous!  Especially the southern part where the trail eases into the Sierra Nevada, and especially especially Desolation Wilderness and it's crazy beautiful lakes (but not so much it's crazy hungry mosquitoes).

This was Lola's longest hike to date and she nailed it, despite getting a nice rash on her lower leg that looked like a mild case of gangrene--but we got here some ointments and gauze in South Tahoe City and that took care of everything.

What else happened in 2016, so far back in time? 

  • Hiked Kenosha Pass to Breckenridge with Lola and Milo.  We planned on getting to Copper Mountain but relentless thunderstorms gave us the blues so we bailed.
  • Hiked CT Segs 1, then 4 and 5
  • Raced the Laser. Got third place for the summer series...not because of talent, but because I showed up most of the time
  • Worked a three month contract for Nutrition Therapy Institute teaching sensitive hippie girls about holistic cooking.  What do I know about that, you might ask?  Very little at the time.  My strategy was to stay one day smarter than everyone else in my class.  My contract was not renewed.
  • Indian Peaks Wilderness Hike (overnight) with Lola, Milo, Andy and Gabrielle
  • Sail with Rick and Gary on Catalina 30 Serenity Norwalk CT, Block Island, Newport CT, Martha’s Vineyard, Mystic Seaport for five day.  Great big winds some of the time. I did most of the sailing and deck work.  I  was a nut.  Couldn't get enough.  Rick and Gary were happy to sit back and relax. 
Big font problems this post, evidently.   I could take the time to fix it but it's not worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeep Galley Build

Vehicular Blogicide

Lighten Your Load